The user can display the full list of all the available courses on the courses catalogue, display some detailed information and enroll into them (according to the established enrollment modality). By clicking on the Course catalogue tag on the top banner, the following window will appear:
Note: this same page can be displayed by clicking on the Show all catalogue link of the Course catalogue section into the Central area. For more information on this area, please refer to the Central Area chapter.
From this page, the user can filter the list of courses according to different criteria:
- Alphabetical search: in order to display all and only courses whose title starts with a letter included within a limited set;
- Free search: in order to display all and only courses assigned to a specific keyword defined by the user.
Once the criteria has been selected, by clicking on Search, the filtered list of courses available on catalogue will be displayed.
For each available course, it is possible to display the following information:
- Enrollment modality: according to the defined enrollment modality, the course will be displayed with a red closed or green opened lock;
- Course Title;
- Course start and end date;
- Course duration.
In addition to this, there are two more boxes with two different links:
- Info: in order to open a more detailed course description table;
- Enter: in order to enter the course specific page. For more information on this page, please refer to the eXact LCMS user manual.
From the Recent Enrollment box on the right hand side of the window, it is possible to see the full list of courses the user has recently self-enrolled and/or been enrolled into. By clicking on the Go to my courses link, the user will be moved to the My courses section. It is also possible to click on each course name in order to enter the course specific section.
By clicking on the Enter link, the following page will be displayed:
Note: it is possible to enter to the same page by clicking on the Enter link below each course name into the Course Catalogue box on the Dashboard home page.
Moreover, in the case that a user has already been enrolled into a course, before entering the course, a reminder message will appear. By clicking on the link included in the message, the user will be able to enter the course specific page and to launch course contents.
The page is composed by two main sections:
- Information: this section contains information dealing with the course domain and a more detailed description.
- Details: this section contains more specific information such as the course code, availability, start and end catalogue dates, duration, edition.
Below this information table, there is the Learning materials section where it is possible to find the list of learning materials assigned to the course. For each item it is possible to display the title and a short description.
Finally, on the right hand side of the window, it is possible to find the Course Staff box with information on the course Owner and Staff name. In the case that the user has not already enrolled into the selected course, on the right hand side of the window will find the Enroll now box from where it is possible to self-enroll (this option is only available for courses where self-enrollment is enabled). In the case that a user has already enrolled into the course, the Go to course link will be displayed.